Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wednesday: Lazy day in Pai

I was supposed to leave today, but Pai has captured my heart. Wishing I had longer than 3 weeks to travel, especially after talking to so many other who are doing it for months or indefinitely. Surprised at myself for not being home sick. Mommy wow! I'm a big kid now!

This morning's goal was yoga at 9 and  meditation at 11. Thailand is on it's own time and things never go as planned. One really learns to be in the moment, not sweat the small stuff and roll with the punches-especially in Pai! This is exactly what this girl needs! 

I spotted a flyer for yoga in a restaurant...


Most happenings are found like this or by word of mouth. There is no address here, and coincidentally there was no second red gate-only one was found! And that was someone's house, learned that one in an awkward way!

No yoga calls for wasting time before mediation. Thankfully the area is small and I feel as though you can see much of it quickly. My heart wishes to stay and spend time here though! 


Saw a sign for the "Open Mind Center", turn to find it was down this darling road. Thankfully Buddhism isn't keen on the death of animals seeing as the dogs are always in the street!

The owner wasn't there, but two guests, Liam and Jennifer from Australia were and welcomed us with tea and informed us about the center. Everyone is so welcoming and loving! 

After tea, breaky was had at a local joint. These are the best (so long as you keep your order simple and avoid meat) as they're cheap and oh so good! Two monks were dining when we arrived. A friend bought them each a coke to enjoy with their breaky. After they had finished one of the monks came to our table and offered us gifts. Necklaces and bracelets. 


It's the plastic tube one, filled with what looks like spices and a sand like substance. No idea what it is, but a monk gave it to me! Then he asked to have his picture taken with us, so cute! Unfortunately I didn't get a picture myself. I am not taking this off!


After breaky we went to Pai canyon which is gorgeous and offers incredible views. This is a path you can take-that would never fly in the states!




It does a big loop. Not enough time to walk it as meditation was nearing.

We headed to Good Life, a local healthy restaurant (serving tea, homemade kambucha, homemade kefir, etc) for meditation. Upon walking in we were made aware meditation was cancelled for the day because the instructor was sick. So the four of us enjoyed a pot of tea...on swings! 


Another thing I wish we had at home! Hanging from a tree inside, drinking local tea. Love my life! 


This place is like a greenhouse and library. Books covering the walls for borrow, trade and purchase and wheat grass growing everywhere.

After tea and chats with my newfound friends I headed for a massage. If only massages were $5 at home! Massage was across from Art in Chai where I headed to use the Internet while laying on an indoor bamboo deck. Saw the best quote that is so fitting for this trip and town during monsoon season: "Let love rain." Pai perfection. 
 
My massage timing was perfect as I was informed via email I had an appointment for reiki (slow communication around here with no phones) with Mark Allison shortly after. I was perfectly relaxed for it! I had never had an actual reiki session, so excited! Mark was extremely personable and it felt like taking to a counselor. He briefly asked why I was there and if I had any intentions. With so many life changes currently, I was in the right spot! I ended up falling asleep on the table during my actual session which is a good thing I'm told. The reiki was amazing! I can't explain it in words here, but I felt so much! He said my mind never stops and it's affecting my stomach-hmmmmm, so me! And to start taking care of me, putting myself first. So much of what he said coincided with my current situation. I left feeling quite introverted and thoughtful but also with a sense if clarity. 

After reiki was a little down time, which is so easy to do here. No agendas. I had a bite to eat poolside and booked my flights (from Pai to Chiang Mai to Bangkok to Koh Samui) for tomorrow. A complete travel day. I treated myself so I don't have to take the like bus again back to Chiang Mai! 

I couldn't go to bed, I'm in Pai-so some of us went out and enjoyed some street snacks (love that corn!) and met some new people. India is sounding so intriguing these days after talking to the long term travelers! 

Another late night, but I can sleep on the plane tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment