Sunday, July 21, 2013

Saturday: island time

That party was no joke! It takes place at Guy's bar, starting around 10:30-11 and not ending til at least 9! I headed to the beach over the hill to explore and have breaky so I'm not sure what time it actually ended. The music was so loud you could hear lyrics and the dj talking. Not the best  sleep was had.

I headed to Had Yuan which was quite a trek over the hill.



From the top of the hill, The Sanctuary was to the left.

It's not a dime, but one baht resembles one at first glance! 



This rickety walkway was the majority of my path. Adventure!


Swings in the beach! Loving the swings everywhere!




I continued across the beach to another side of rickety walkway...

Complete with stairs missing in the middle


My breaky of rice pudding with fruit and tea at Ocean Rock.



Ocean Rock to the right, over the hill in the distance was The Sanctuary. 


Headed back to check out of The Sanctuary and move onwards to Koh Tao.


Spotted this at Bamboo Bar. Eckart Tolle has come up several time on this trip, time to pull out the box of books! This coincides with my reiki session as well.


Beautiful lotus spotted on my way out


Goodbye to The Sanctuary.


Boats are the new tuk tuk

I arrived to the main beach, Had Rinn and hopped in a blue truck (just like the red truck) to the pier where I purchased my boat ticket. I didn't have to wait long before boarding in the upper air conditioned room, which I had to pay an additional 30 cents for! I fell asleep on the 2 hour ride, rocked like a baby. 

I arrived on Koh Tao and immediately hopped in a taxi (which is more like a personal car) and was taken to Sairee Beach Cottage where I hoped to stay and perhaps do a one day dive excursion. Koh Tao is known for diving.
 
I was immediately sent for a rude awakening as none of the hotels had places to stay. I must have walked and asked about 20-with my gargantuan bag on my back! I was beginning to feel a bit flustered and needing to use the lady's room. I stumbled into Good Times hostel and asked for a room, was told they were full and then asked for the bathroom. When I came back out the girl working the desk, a young American named Valerie from Portland offered to put me up on a couch in the hostel. My original plan was to have this part be my treat and stay somewhere nicer than I have been. A hostel would have to do as she said many people were just camping out on the beach. Apparently the island was recently voted #5 on some list and the influx can't be handled by the existing accommodations. Also the full moon party is on Thursday and many people come here to dive before heading to Koh Phangan for the party. My timing wasn't so great. More balance to what was going to well! 

I am still feeling a bit off and stocked up on water and Gatorade. Don't feel everyone reading needs to know exactly what's wrong, perhaps a little too much  information for some. Thankfully I have antibiotics with me and have started them immediately upon realizing my I needed them. Don't worry, moms! There is a hospital nearby and a pharmacist downstairs from my hostel if I need it! I'm taking it easy, chugging my water. 

I walked around town looking for hotels for tomorrow and for the remainder of my trip sans my bag and was told to check back in the morning. I am debating paying a bit more and heading to the other side of the island where it is far more quiet and less people ready to party. This place is so crowded! I am in need of some peace and quiet and solitude. 

I am definitely feeling ready to be home. I know not feeling well and lack of nice accommodations are a huge factor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment