Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tuesday: What Day Is It?

I must have asked what the day or date was at least five times today or was corrected when I uttered the wrong day. It's official I'm suffering from vacation brain. I'm ok with this. I accept it. So long as I remember the right day for my return flight, all will be well.

I slept in today...until 6:30. Up with the doves!


Early morning calls for a run before the heat sets in.
Finally found an actual pet dog that isn't left to wander the streets. He was loving some attention. Although I don't know where a Bali dog's tongue has been. 


And then the puppy loves got better...
Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Nothing can top this. 

Nope. Nothing. 

I returned to Blue Lagoon for one last time. Post run stretch and meditation. So much easier when your brain is rendered useless!

Secret Point, where I viewed the sunset, viewed from the Secret Point beach. Thankfully I hadn't known about the state of that withering cave when I walked over it or I may have questioned my life decisions. 

Spot the crab eyes

Secret views at Secret Point

Gargantuan palm trees overshadowing the teeny Eco systems left in low tide. Tide pools take me back to poking sea anemones as a child. I didn't dare poke. Promise.

Losing track of time with these treasures. An ADD child's dream.

I had breaky with Sarah this morning before packing up. My new hotel on Nusa Lemongan picked me up at 10am. Another scooter ride! I enjoyed the rickety suspension bridge again, this time on the back of a scooter. In less than 10 minutes I was at my new hotel (if you want to call it that), Dream Beach Kubu...

Welcome drink upon arrival. 

View from the balcony. This is the same bay I had taken pictures of yesterday between the two islands.

Well ain't that dreamy? A romantic bungalow for one! I'll take it! Fresh flowers adorned the room.

The bathroom. I showered while it lightly sprinkled today. Dreamy for sure! I also thought I had a bad case if the after affects of a sunburn on my scalp. Nope. It was chunks of salt from the pool and shower at Dafish. 

A western toilet! And spare toilet paper! Moving on up here at Dream Beach Kubu. Note the plumeria at the sink and on the toilet paper.

Details 



I live here for the next 4 days. I had thought perhaps 2 days originally as I have commitment issues when it comes to hotels. And then I fell in love and got over those issues.


The roads are SO much better here so I rented a scooter for the day, ready to explore and get a lay of the land. 


First stop, mani/pedi accompanied by fresh coconut water. 

The girl doing my nails, Wayan (like Ketut for males, means first born), offered to take me to the ATM and to find a dive shop. After I finished my coconut water she closed up shop and drove me on my scooter. Such a sweetheart!


Cruising down Bali backroads


Scooter view of Panorama point, overlooking the main harbor of Nusa Lebongan.

After I scheduled my dive for tomorrow, we drove back to the salon where I dropped Wayan off. I headed to lunch as I was about to get hangry.


Mushroom Bay is less than 5 minutes from my hotel. This was the first glimpse of the beaches I saw from the boat.

My lunch view

Seaweed salad. I was shocked I hadn't yet seen this offered since that is the main market, but I guess they make more money selling it to Japan. Looks like squid! This was one of my favorite dishes so far. Seaweed, tomato, cucumber, fish, toasted nuts (they use a lot of, but I have no idea what they are!), tossed in a light curry dressing accompanied by a fresh watermelon juice.

This may be TMI for some, but I love being by the ocean for so many reasons! Whoever was using the restroom after lunch was taking too long for my bladder's liking. So I walked into the ocean right from lunch. Better than using the bushes! 😉 

Hopped back on my scooter to see a little more, still dripping from the ocean...

To the left is mushroom bay


The other side of panorama point


Main harbor area. I was walking along the sidewalk until it abruptly ended here. Bali sidewalks always fail me! There are crabs scurrying all over the steps!


These homemade decorations are everywhere (I even saw one in the ocean tied to a buoy), made out of palm leaves.


Hey Mima...I'm right here!


Other side of the island looking at mainland Bali. This was a boat used to collect seaweed. They use styrofoam and empty gas cans to provide buoyancy.


I ventured back in the direction of my hotel to find Dream Beach. I couldn't take my eyes off of the water's dramatic reaction to hitting the cliffs. Constant sprays surrounded me in yet another lagoon.


The island across the bay on the left is Nusa Ceningan and the buildings that can be seen is that of Secret Point-the building I watched the sunset  at last just and viewed from below this morning. I had no idea I would was looking straight across to today's destination!


If I happen to be reincarnated, please let me be a cow here. This was the field behind me when taking the last few shots.

There is a theme today. Pink rice cakes (totally plain) bought from a local warung.

I headed back to my room for a little rest as I had a wee headache this afternoon. Missed the sunset, but made it out to dinner down the road, around the corner. I was joined by another traveler, an American named Jason who has been living in Taiwan for the last 7 years. The stories of living abroad were quite comical. Not sure I care to visit Tawain at this point. 😉

I returned to my room to find the bed turned down after I had left it a rumpled mess. I swear they watch you like a hawk without you knowing and sneak in after you. The clothes I had left on the bed were neatly folded on the nearby dresser. 


Off to slumber like a queen listening to crickets and far off waves. 

Loves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment