Friday, January 10, 2014

Thursday: Lazy Lebongan Adventure


This morning was another slow start. Apparently those early mornings last week have caught up with me.

I awoke to hearing the kids from the nearby school running. This is their PE, to run the streets. The roof of the school can be seen in the background, it is very close to the hotel, providing that lovely sound of joyous playground excitement. 

From where I stood to see the kids...my cute little home in room 7!

This most beautiful cacoon hangs from my steps. I wish I could sit wand watch it hatch when the time comes.

Morning doodles under the bungalow

Headed to breaky with this view. It's SO warm!

Beautiful dove above the pool.

Offerings in front of the hotel entrance. These are pretty much bird or dog food.

Here they cover the main offerings to keep the birds out, yet they still manage to throw them over for access. 

Finally made it out for some scooter adventures! My plan was to see the island, driving all of the way around. Little did I know that would take less than an hour without stops, but stops are necessary.


Beautiful temples are everywhere, sometimes within feet of one another.

Panorama  Point with clouds blocking the top of Mt. Agung. The main road can be seen below. The charm of this island!

At the "antique store"

Old men cruise the streets on bicycles older than them.

Seaweed farmer homes on the north side of the island.


We made it to the Mangrove Forrest! 

Adventure time!

Totally safe


You can rent boats and paddle through the tangled forest.


I live for getting lost on adventures!


The roots of the mangroves.

We headed to see monkeys as I kept hearing you could see them here. I thought they were native to the forest. I was quickly saddened...


Three of them have a belt around their waist and are chained within feet of one another. This little guy is about 1 year.




I went to show him some love despite his situation and he jumped on me and instantly attempted to take my earring out with his mouth. For the record, I don't support this in any way and learned I should have stayed back so he could not even jump on me.


He's up to no good, look at that face!




He was friggin adorable! Although he had a little tude, as would I being chained up at all times. Within less than a minute after this picture he was on the ground and attacking my leg. I grew pretty scared and raised my voice a bit (unfortunately) for the guy to get him off. He was biting, although he didn't feel as though he could break the skin-but it was scary! I was so afraid of getting some monkey disease. I felt so bad that this was his life.


Quick! Back on the scooter! I wanted out of there after my heart filled with sadness.


Temple time!





None of these temples are the same two. 


Headed home from school!


Weathervane at its finest! And it totally works. Such simplicity.


There was a little Ganesh in the top center of the elaborate entrance.


Back to Ceningan for lunch! This bridge is so fun! Sounds like an old wooden roller coaster as the scooter crosses.





Mojito at the Palms, the restaurant viewable from Dafish where I had stayed previously. This place is such a hidden secret! Only 2 other people there all day! Met a darling Australian couple who were on their honeymoon and chatted health and yoga all afternoon over drinks, waves and sunshine.


Temple views from The Palms. In the distance is Dream Beach where I live. I just want to say it's across the street!


View of Secret Point and the giant crack in the cliff under the pool. Such safety standards!


Fire within

After spending nearly 5 hours poolside, a shower was needed. I began to feel a little weak in the stomach at this point, but didn't want to miss the sunset! 

Headed to the cliffs between Dream Beach and Sandy Bay for the view.



The cliffs had pool ledges that were gorgeous. And then....


This was probably my top favorite memory of the trip. I was freshly showered and en route to dinner, but left here soaked from the spray. 



No words can describe this magic!
 
 
 

Overwhelmed with gratitude once again!

We headed to dinner at Sandy Bay Club, which is right on the beach. I asked for soda water (bubbles for the tum tum) and received Schweps "air soda". 


Sandy Bay

We ventured out to find a local watering hole which proved to be impossible after stopping and 3-4 different places and asking around. This place is so sleepy! We ended up at Mola Mola at Mushroom Bay and had a bevie on lounge chairs listening to waves and watching Bali's nightly lighting show.


Returned "home" for a shower under the stars. I could get used to this!






No comments:

Post a Comment