Saturday, December 28, 2013

Saturday: My last day of 30 (in Bali)

This morning was rough. I can't help waking up early despite how much sleep I have had. Getting to bed after 2 am and waking at 7:30 does me no good! Again, if you know me I need minimum 7 hours to be functional and nice. Buuuut apparently my body wanted  no more sleep. Fine, be that way. To breaky I headed!

Most things come quite large, but this lil bambino was too cute. 

Spotted a gargantuan spider in the gardens, same I had seen in Thailand. 

I finished breaky and rushed to ready to head to yoga at the festival. I was walking down the beautifully messaged path to the car alongside Marco (dj from yesterday's post). We were chatting away about life when suddenly we heard a loud crashing noise from the palms overhead. About 4-5 palm fronds fell atop us. I screamed like a girl of course. They landed upon Marco's shoulder and my left arm. Holy cow did it hurt, still bruised and scraped today. I guess I should count my blessings it wasn't coconuts!

Let me give you a little back story to this cursed incident. Marco was wearing a shirt he had purchased Christmas Day. He had been searching for a traditional  Ballinese shirt and walked into a store where a local lady greeted him. She said "I have a gift for you!" And gave him the shirt. He had not asked her anything about such a shirt that he happened to be in search of and here she had a gift of one for him. He put it on and raised his arms over head and all around joked he was like god when he did this. Suddenly the ceiling fell in that spot over his head. He had been sharing this story with everyone since the incident. Before we left this morning for the car he had decided the shirt would be too hot and would change once we arrived at the festival. Well, once the palm tree crashed upon us he changed right then and there, mid path amongst the debris. We are convinced something was amiss with the shirt. He gifted it to our taxi driver, which thankful did not affect our ride! Phew!


The shirt. 


Headed to yoga!!
Pre palm fall

This morning certainly made me feel drunk on life when I headed to yoga at the festival where Michael and Jay played Accoustic. I have done this once before (stated in my first Thai adventure post, my inspiration) and it is my favorite. The session was held in the gymnasium where the main stage is set.

A little dance and clapping mid pose


The couple behind me had the absolute cutest dachshund pup who lazed under them all practice. Joy to my heart!


Much needed stretch fest after the last few days of running and dancing.

Michael sang "the Sound of Sunshine" and encouraged all to take our mid yoga dance into the field...





I ditched yoga a few minutes early to go hear Trevor Hall talk about his work with India and it's influence on his music.

Post presentation jam sesh. He played songs inspired or learned on his trips to India, a few in the native language of his ashram's village.

I couldn't not be a fan. "Let your dreads grow!"

So much inspiration this morning. 

I headed to lunch before leaving for the hotel...
Not the most glamorous pic of me, but I was in heaven! Is this real life?!?

I hopped into a cab (after finally finding one-not easy out here in the jungle!) and met my 19 year old driver, Balon. I love nothing more than chatting with locals. It came up that my birthday is tomorrow. In Indonesian birthday is said Ulongtong (not sure on spelling). Balon then said, "God bless you and good luck. Long life". Such pure sweetness. 

We then carried on our cultural talk, teaching one another about our own ways of life. He taught me that hello is "hah-low" in Indonesian. Here I had thought I was being so negligent in not learning a proper greeting and everyone was greeting me in what I thought was English. Guess I wasn't so negligent after all! 

I headed back to Soulshine for a Vanilla Sky smoothie (banana, vanilla, cinnamon, clove) and then crashed for a nap! No sleep, heat and yoga wiped me out!

I awoke and hurried to ready to head back to the festival. I went earlier than some of the others as I was not about to miss Nahko. 

My heart is so full. (As were my eyes with happy tears)

I first saw him perform at Wanderlust festival at Squaw Valley just a couple of years ago when he was hardly known. Full circle to Bali and I am counting my blessings! 

Some of you may know I have a secret love of beat boxing-Nahko kills it! 

One last Michael show for a long while. (Singing with Ethan Tucker)

Tonight I was dragging and my bed could not be any more welcoming! Goodnight, 30! 




No comments:

Post a Comment