Friday, August 15, 2014

Thursdays are for Gluten Free Pizza!

Eeeeeee!!!! You read that right! My inner fat kid wish to have authentic Italian pizza was fulfilled! Before catching the ferry to Capri, the necessary stop was made at Trattoria Emilia for my heaven on a menu.

Two pages! TWO pages of options!! Plus gluten free beer! This can't be real life.

My margarita pizza front and center. By far, the BEST gluten free pizza I have EVER had! 

I ordered the salad out of guilt...after one bite I knew that was a joke.

And to top it off, Trattoria Emilia was on the most darling, yet mysterious properties. I was sure there was a castle back there, but there were plenty of signs prohibiting customers from letting their curiosity be answered. Darn it!

Time to hop back in the car towards Sorrento to catch the ferry. The roads into this little town (of course I can't remember the name now) were the cutest!
Twisty turvy and hugged by never ending rock walls. Be still my heart! My inner post life mason was dying in love. 

Another beautiful cliff side building. 
*note: I did not ride a scooter as I did not have a death wish. One hotel labeled them "devil traps". Scooters and Italian driving are not meant to be paired.

The road to the port. Yep. Mmmmhmmm...it's amazing here! 

Let's talk about crazy...those buildings! Who does that?! Heart attack city! 

View from the ferry.

Evening view of Capri from the square.

Market! My favorite! And yes those are piggy legs back there! 

I think I failed to mention that a big part of this trip was for a wedding on Capri. Yeah, people come all this way to get married. It was no short of a magnificent production. 

Rehearsal dinner was Friday night and it began with a boat ride...
Another crazy Italian idea...let's build this beautiful creation on top of the water. 

The restaurant. The boat was decorated with flowers and loaded with jubilant guests. 

The restaurant. You can see high above, the main road to Ana Capri where the hot was. (Unfortunately not captured here, but was just to the right in this frame.) 

Appetizers at the rehearsal dinner

Sunset from "happy hour"

An apparent Italian tradition is to have local family bands play. This was so fun...and they played for hours! All ages were present, from maybe 4 to probably at least 80's.

One of the wedding traditions is for the groom to play this instrument of some kind by the end of the night. The old man was so kind to demonstrate to anyone who wanted to learn. The skin of the drum is constantly kept wet as the stick is stroked in and out. It has something to do with fertility. 

We didn't start dinner until 11pm, by 1am I was donezo. Boat ride back to Capri, ride up the Venacular (like a cable car) and taxi back to the room where I crashed. 

Wedding tomorrow! 




No comments:

Post a Comment