Saturday, August 23, 2014

Explorations of Ana Capri

Being up so late for the wedding was a perfect reason to sleep in on Sunday morning, followed by a mellow day. 


The elevator in the Cesar August was so fun! It felt like a step back in time.

The elevator door and front lobby.

How awesome are these wooden benches? I'd never get up, permanent nap spot!

I laid here most of the day...



My view


After I warmed myself with such horrible views, lunch was had to fuel an afternoon stroll through town. 
I should have stood in front of these doors for size reference, they were probably double the size of a normal door!



These alley ways all have street names as it is given as a person's address.


I felt like such a creeper here, but there were THE cutest little kids playing here, completely engrossed in their activities. Of course the other boy ran off as I was about to snap away.



The art walk was happening through town and the front door of Casa Rosa was open! Turns out it's a museum! 
A retired American man who had been in the war built the building and adorned it in such a quirky, artsy fashion. 

These are recovered statues from a local grotto from hundreds of years ago. Amazing how much detail could still be seen even after so many years under the sea. Imagine rowing into that grotto and seeing such amazing works of art!


Casa Rosa was about three stories with several rooms adorned with art. The stairs ultimately led to the rooftop, providing beautiful 360 degrees views. I heard a woman talking and looked down to see it was a little old woman in her house dress speaking to her cat while gardening away. So stinking cute!
I told you, time machines!!

View of the sea, complete with old lookout towers to the right.

That home up on the hill to the right completely captivated me with it's beautiful purple Bouganvilla.  And seriously, these clouds? {big sigh}

All part of the roof! My heart is in heaven!

Even the floor was pretty! I want to live here.

View of the courtyard descending the stairs.

Courtyard. If I go missing, you will know where I have decided to squat on Capri.
I'll stand real still and just pretend to be a statue. 

View of the Capri harbor and the mainland of Italy from the hotel's cocktail hour.



A little happy hour was had enjoying the views as well as appreciating the flowers.

Another for Nana taken on the art walk en route to dinner. There was a little Italian boy about 4 years old who saw a hand carved giraffe statue and he turned to his mother in awe and said, "giraffe es bellisima, mama!" It was the sweetest thing, from the mouth of a babe!

Walking to dinner at L'Angolo the restaurant next to the church.
I inquired if they had gluten free pasta and the owner, who was the ony waiter as well (& his wife did all the cooking, while his children tended to the needs of the tables), said something about it depended on what the store had. About 3 minutes later he comes from the direction of the piazza with a plate of dried spaghetti noodles, asking if "spaghetti ok?" He had ran to the store for my gluten free pasta! Talk about service! I wasn't even sure if I was wanting pasta that night, but after that I was obligated!










No comments:

Post a Comment